Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sardarjis

We all love Sardar jokes. But do you know that Sikhs are one of the hardest working prosperous and diversified communities in the world.
My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking.
During last vacation, his few friends came to Delhi. They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Sardar and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to tease the old man.
But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.
At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Sardar returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said,
”Son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don’t mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world.. But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in this or any other city.’
My friend continued,* ‘ That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn’t find a single Sardar begging anywhere.’
MORAL:
The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Sardar will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry, … but he will never beg on the streets.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Main site address is http://www.vinodhemdev.blogspot.com Subscribe in a reader For more stories, click on the word Home or click on ONE STORY A DAY
Subscribe to ONE STORY A DAY
We also invite you to send us stories you would like to see published in this blog. You can send us either stories you have written or stories written by others that you have liked. You may rest assured that both you and the author are credited for your submission. Just send a copy of your stories and other pieces to my email address: vinodhemdev@gmail.com
ONE STORY A DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: